Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My vote on what's happening


My good friends from the European Anusara Kula asked me to vote on what's happening. This was my vote: 
"With your mind intent on me, discipline yourself with the practice of yoga. Depend on me completely. Listen, and I will dispell all your doubts; you will come to know me fully and be united with me..."  Said Krishna to Arjuna, reminding him also that he should act with an open fearless heart, and let go of the results.  You see, the divine is calling us.  This is her calling right now. Are we listening? Greece is imploding, Anusara is exploding... We are all reaching out, trying to listen and to find clarity, and then to act from the deepest iccha of our hearts. As things get harder and harder in our daily reality here in Athens, I discern this clarity in my heart: I am here to connect with all of you, and to serve above all the people closest: our Greek spiritual sangha. Whatever Anusara stands for is still there pulsating wildly in all of us. What's in a name? I don't think it matters.  I wake up, trying to listen to her call, trying to connect, and to ask: how can I be of service today?   With or without the name Anusara we stand aligned with the highest good, ready to serve, to give the good fight, ready to practice yoga.  Surely some sort of sangha needs to exist to hold us together, and to remind us of that good alignment.  I will be there to support the formation of a new, ethical, harmoniously conceived sangha. With deep gratitude to all of you, and to John who ignited this big fire in us, I send you love and bright greetings from NYSY. And a quote from Rumi: "They asked a great seikh what sufism was. --The feeling of joy when sudden disappointment comes."  With great joy, I salute you, luminous souls!

No comments:

Post a Comment